Friday, April 10, 2009

Patience

Patience (pā-shəns) is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast.


This week has been difficult in learning patience when it comes to future decisions and relationships. That waiting, not having control and not knowing what will happen is something I am not good with. It is hard to not focus on the future and to just enjoy where you are. In trying to calm my thoughts down I was looking through my journal at old sermon notes and thoughts. There has been two quotes that have helped me not to feel overwhelmed and drained.

"God's voice is never frantic, when you hear desperate thoughts you can know that it is not God speaking. You can wait in confident humility."

"In the moments of worry, we forget God's past faithfulness."

I know that this worry and burden is not something from God. It is me not trusting in who God says that he is and who I know him to be. Whatever happens God is still God and I am still His. Nothing can take that away and that also gives me peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I thought about you today - I take it this post means you haven't heard from the people at the Pink House yet? Have they told you when they might let you know?

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete