Friday, April 17, 2009

Life Lessons I have learned....

My good friend Lauren and I have been sitting on skype not really talking but just thinking. She suggested to start making a list of the life lessons I have been learning of the past couple of years. Here is a list of the major one`s.

Take risks even though you have don`t know the result. Whatever happens you will look back and learn from that experience.

Allow God to provide for you and look for that provision daily.

When you hear desperate thoughts you can be certain those thoughts are not from God.

Don`t say things that you think others want you to say. Say your thoughts and opinions with confidence. It is okay to disagree.

Speak truth into people`s lives; affirming their character and qualities in time of need.

Don`t be afraid to ask questions. It is a sign of wisdom not of ignorance.

Don`t be afraid to voice how you feel in a relationship. You will never look back and wonder what could have been. If the person doesn`t feel the same you aren`t being rejected. It isn`t a reflection on your quality as a human or your worth.

Embrace silence and stillness. You don`t need the radio or internet. It is ok to not be entertained. Sitting still is a good thing.

I am sure I have learned more things but at the moment I am not aware. I have enjoyed reflecting on these things and need to remember to do this every couply of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment