Saturday, April 25, 2009

.Learning obedience and reliance on God.

I finished my second 10K race today! It felt really good when I was finished. I enjoy racing and hope I continue this new hobby up. Right now I kind of prefer running by myself cause I can spend time thinking and praying and don`t have to talk to anyone else. Today, my goal in running was to finish and to spend time giving my future to the Lord. I will hear on Friday, May 1st if I will be moving to California. If I did that my whole life would change. It has been very difficult to be patient. This run was to help me give that to him and rely on his strength to get me through. It was very good to have that time to give it up to him. During this race when I wanted to stop or slow down I would turn my palms up to God and pray and give it to him. In my head it was kind of like fasting. I was giving up my physical comfort as physical sign of my obedience and reliance on Him. I have also been struggling with my insecurities and so for a good 4 miles I was saying to myself, ¨ I am accepted and belong¨ off and on. (In referring to God accepting me and I belong to him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment