Sunday, February 1, 2009

Meet Esau Noel...

I have a friend that lives in Antigua, Guatemala that I met when I was doing Language school a couple of years ago. We still keep in touch through email. A couple of months ago he emailed and told me he was starting to build a his own house. This is such a cool but foreign concept to me. It kind of makes me sad that I don`t know how to do that. It must be so freeing to get some land and just start building your house. Even if it ends up being small with lots of character (flaws) you have the satisfaction in knowing that it was all done by you. I am also really bummed that the random chance that I get lost in the jungle/forest/desert/mountains that I would have no idea how to survive. But am I going to do anything to change that and learn how. Probably not. That bums me out too. Well, on that note...Here are some pictures of his progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment