Friday, May 7, 2010

Tutoring and cooking lessons

So, this past week I went to go tutor. During my time there some how the mother and I started talking about cooking. I was asking her about some typical dishes and advice on how she makes beans and rice. She starts telling my how to make this type of salsa that you put on rice, beans, meat, or whatever. She describes it to me and then she just says in Spanish, do you want me to show you? So, of course I said, ¨ Si, claro.¨ She starts to teach me how to do it. Once I taste it, she then asks me if I have ever made huevos y salchicha. I said, I hadn`t and she starts to make them as well. It was such a blessing to see her smiling cause I know she has been going through a lot lately. I also enjoyed learning to make some easy dishes. Next week I am bringing La masa and chicken and she is teaching me how to make tortillas.....so excited. It is amazing how God puts certain people in your life that can be such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment