Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day- A day of wishful thinking....


So, this is my first entry. My friend Lauren said that she thinks I would be a good blogger. Not sure exactly why, but I am going to give it a go. Well, today was MLK Day and I was off from work. I went to Panera Bread to hang out and get some studying done. After shopping, I walked to my car to get my backpack before going to Panera Bread.
As I stood at my car, a middle school boy approaches me with his phone ready. I thought he was just texting and walked to the wrong car. He then proceeds to boldly ask me for my phone number. He says, ¨What are you like in high school or college?¨ I replied with, ¨I am 24 years old.¨ He then laughs, says his friend wanted my number cause he thought I was cute and then walks away to tell his buddies. I felt like I was in middle school again. I still don`t know how I feel about that. I don`t know if I am more weirded out by his boldness to approach someone who he knews was atleast 5 years older then him to ask for a number, or that he actually thought I would give it to him. On my status on facebook I put that a middle school boy asked for my number. Stevito replied with, ¨He must have been celebrating MLK Jr. day - he had a dream today.¨...good one stevito.
I think this also kind of bugs me cause this isn`t the first time it has happened recently. I was at work helping to administer a national standardized test to the middle schoolers. The teacher had left the room to turn in the tests so I stayed with the kids to supervise. One of the middle school boys raised his hand to ask if I was 12 years old. Then the other week I had some other kids ask if I was a teenager. I know I will be thankful in a couple of years but that isn`t today....Atleast they make entertaining stories....Well, Lauren, there you go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment